Thursday, March 20, 2014

To The One Who Asked To Grow Old With Me

Because today is just an ordinary day (and NOT Valentine's Day), here's an every day love poem.


To The One Who Asked To Grow Old With Me


Years layer upon years
On faces we used to know,
Hands we once held,
Legs that once carried us
Through playful youth
When today was endless
And others were old.

Days pile upon days
And time moves quickly
In this age when
Yesterdays seem like lifetimes
When eyes search for
Signs of those we used to gaze upon
Before time reshaped,
Grayed and folded us
Into what we once called old.

Your eyes pull me into you
More than ever now
Age has made you dearer to me.
I touch your face and
Feel moments
And
Days
And
Years
That have carried you to me
Just as we are now,
My Love today
And for as long as tomorrows come.

My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken.-Psalm 62:5-6

This blog post is part of a series of writing (Feb.-March 2014) by Tammy Fletcher Bergland sharing original poetry. tbergland.blogspot.com  

Click here to see my disclaimer and what I’m up to with this season of blog posts.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Tammy! Your style of writing is so warm and inviting! You capture the essence of how marriage should evolve...into a state of devotion and commitment!

    ReplyDelete