Saturday, March 22, 2014

Let’s Not Live Restless

My second-to-last poem for the season, hopefully a good encouragement for this Saturday and the days to come. 


Let’s Not Live Restless

Like those who wait for the morning,
Awake while night stretches
Without light
Without stillness inside,
Turning and tossing away years,
Considering dreams,
Pressing toward anticipated ends,
Sleep walking through
Resplendence dawning
Again and again and again
Regardless.

My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken.-Psalm 62:5-6

This blog post is part of a series of writing (Feb.-March 2014) by Tammy Fletcher Bergland sharing original poetry. tbergland.blogspot.com  

Click here to see my disclaimer and what I’m up to with this season of blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment