Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Rain in the City

I adore good, Midwestern thunderstorms, but as a farm-girl, I cringe at rain on non-growing things. I'm eager for winter to pass and to smell fresh, spring soil again!



Rain in the City


Thunderous rumbling
echoes
above
blaring horns.
Flashes of mystical
brightness flicker
across already lighted night sky.
Wetness spatters
against concrete and then
falls faster
and faster,
pounding refreshment
into the resistant city.
Rolling black rubber
slides over
glistening surface
and sprays
life
from above
into the gutter
where a rotting field of rubbish
futiley drinks.

My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken.-Psalm 62:5-6


This blog post is part of a series of writing (Feb.-March 2014) by Tammy Fletcher Bergland sharing original poetry. tbergland.blogspot.com  

Click here to see my disclaimer and what I’m up to with this season of blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment