Saturday, March 15, 2014

Saints Among Us


Saints Among Us


Have you known them?

Like concentrated stardust,
Burned, fallen, not of this world--
Those whose life sentences have been spoken,
Suffered, surrendered.

Wisdom embraces scarred kindred,
Fully sentient in slowed time of
Furlough. Repentance. Remission.
Soothing worn spirits. Simple pleasures.
Living, humbled to be permitted presence.

As temporal shimmers translucent,
Have you glimpsed eternal embers
Ready to blaze
Warmed
Reverent
Peace?

My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken.-Psalm 62:5-6

This blog post is part of a series of writing (Feb.-March 2014) by Tammy Fletcher Bergland sharing original poetry. tbergland.blogspot.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment