Friday, March 14, 2014

Preserving


As life just keeps coming at us, let's keep on going!


Preserving

Strawberries planted in an earlier season
Ripen unbidden
Without concern
I’m not ready.

A friend calls from the hospital with news.
The anniversary I’d like to forget comes round again.
Children outgrow childhood and go.

I wake with the sun for back-aching work
And pile fruit in my pail.
Freshness is fleeting.
Taught by my grandma,
I know how to preserve.
And so I shall.

My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken.-Psalm 62:5-6

This blog post is part of a series of writing (Feb.-March 2014) by Tammy Fletcher Bergland sharing original poetry. tbergland.blogspot.com  

Click here to see my disclaimer and what I’m up to with this season of blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment