Friday, March 7, 2014

Grandma Said Growing Old Was a Tragic Thing


Grandma Said Growing Old Was a Tragic Thing

It began with one,
One close,
Taken mortally ill too early.
And then another, a shock,
A strike to the soul.
With the third, I screamed
To be taken
My self severed,
Body traipsed
Through seasons.
New birth.
More death.
Still.
I sojourn.


The photo above shows some of my everyday Grandma's things that now live in an old steamer trunk of hers in my bedroom. Because I can no longer call or give either of my grandmas a hug, I'm starting off my day by embracing all of them that lives on in me. I should write about my Sunday Grandma one of these days, but for now, I'm glad I peeked backwards at An X in the Circle of Life that does a pretty good job of capturing a bit of my life with Grandma Fletcher. I hope it makes you smile. 

What about you and your grandparents? I'm all ears!

My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken.-Psalm 62:5-6

This blog post is part of a series of writing (Feb.-March 2014) by Tammy Fletcher Bergland sharing original poetry. tbergland.blogspot.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment