Saturday, March 1, 2014

Inheritance

May the things we leave behind be the least of the good we pass along. Make great memories with someone today!


Inheritance

Images frame frozen seconds
That never really stopped
As static smiles on the wall.
His fingers remember
First melodies here
Where touch awakens
Choruses of childhood
That leave him
Grasping for stanzas
Of mother, father, brother
Though their relics remain in this room--
The very piano, table, trinkets, toys--
Minute props with meaning
To one pilgrim with no place to pile past
Except in progeny
Existing now
Only through him.

My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken.-Psalm 62:5-6

This blog post is part of a series of writing (Feb.-March 2014) by Tammy Fletcher Bergland sharing original poetry. tbergland.blogspot.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment