Monday, March 10, 2014

Take the Time

My office desk clock was correct at the beginning of the day, yet watching it made me an hour late to a meeting at the end of the day. I thought I was in a great, productive zone until I realized my clock had gifted me with an extra hour . . . how thoughtful! In recognition of today's experience and our recent time change, here's an old song I wrote back in college that you're welcome to create some music for (if you give me credit for the words)! 

Take the Time

a pop song that needs music


v. 1
Books left unwritten
Songs left unsung
Words left unsaid
Because we’re on the run.
Why don’t we learn
Today is all we have?
The past is gone.
Tomorrow may not come.

The moment is fading fast
Inside, we fear it won’t last.

Chorus
If we could hold time
And all the words rhymed
For eternity,
Think how life would be.
But time slips away
In seconds of a day.
We’ve gotta take the time.
We can’t be so blind.

2nd time only
I want to love you.
Don’t be so blind.

v. 2
We have each moment
In the moments of our lives.
We have our dreams.
Don’t squander them with whys.
Life is a gift
That’s both good and bad.
We can live it now
Or think what what we could’ve had.

It’s tempting to dream away.
Don’t forget; we only have today.

Chorus

The moment is fading fast.
Inside we know it won’t last.

Chorus

It’s tempting to dream away.
Don’t forget. We only have today.

We’ve gotta take the time. We’ve gotta make the time.
We’ve gotta make the time. We’ve gotta take the time.



My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken.-Psalm 62:5-6


This blog post is part of a series of writing (Feb.-March 2014) by Tammy Fletcher Bergland sharing original poetry. tbergland.blogspot.com  

Click here to see my disclaimer and what I’m up to with this season of blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment