Sunday, March 2, 2014

Jazz Sax


Love me some good, saxy jazz. Can leave me pretty breathless . . . 


Jazz Sax


Sad
Sax-o-
Phone,
you Speak
Me
a Song.
Hoarse Whis
-perings, you Sing
Me
aLive.
your Shriek
and your Scream
and your Long
Strong
Sobs
and your
Gutt-
or-
All
Wails
Sing me
Out
of mySelf
and In
to your Soul
where I Sob
with you,Sing
with you, Soar
with you
and Grasp
the Sense
of your Wond-
er-ful
Hush.
and the Heat
of the Hot
Howl
-ing Jazz
Holds me
Shields me
Woos me to Wake
in our Jazz-
er-
full
Dreams.

My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken.-Psalm 62:5-6


This blog post is part of a series of writing (Feb.-March 2014) by Tammy Fletcher Bergland sharing original poetry. tbergland.blogspot.com  

Click here to see my disclaimer and what I’m up to with this season of blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment