Thursday, March 13, 2014

I'm Afraid



This is dedicated to all those Gen Xers who have early memories of the Mr. Tidy Bowl commercial. That guy freaked me out!

I'm Afraid

I'm afraid.
Don’t make me go!
I’d rather stub my little toe.
I bet there’re monsters.
I bet there’re snakes.
And they drown little kids
In great big lakes!


I’m afraid!
I’d rather cut off my feet.
Don’t make me sit
On that cold, scary seat!
YOU’RE not afraid--
You’re not small.
If I get near the edge,
I know I will fall.


I’m afraid
Of Mr. Tidy Bowl.
I bet he’s really
An ugly, green troll.
I say, “I’m scared.”
You tell, “Hush!”
But what if I fall in--
AND GET FLUSHED?!

My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken.-Psalm 62:5-6


This blog post is part of a series of writing (Feb.-March 2014) by Tammy Fletcher Bergland sharing original poetry. tbergland.blogspot.com  

Click here to see my disclaimer and what I’m up to with this season of blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment