Thursday, March 6, 2014

Longing


Longing

Savored torment
Entwines two together as one
Though they’re apart without end.

Parched for the other,
Breath brushes against breath,
An ever-present yearning
Fitting desire to desire
In unseen in-between space,
Attempting to cool passion
That must remain unkindled.

Allowed others sustain
‘Til time’s drought
Withers earthly existence.

Oh, would that their unfettered selves
Flow together
As streams of running water,
Wholly inseparable,
Fulfilled.

My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken.-Psalm 62:5-6

This blog post is part of a series of writing (Feb.-March 2014) by Tammy Fletcher Bergland sharing original poetry. tbergland.blogspot.com  

Click here to see my disclaimer and what I’m up to with this season of blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment