Sunday, June 3, 2012

What Do People Let Go Of?



If I were smarter than I am and had more time than I do, I’d create an interactive Family Feud sort of board, complete with music for this next part. As it is, though, you’re all just going to have to imagine a glamorous game show setting with a silky-voiced host asking you . . .

“What do people let go of? Top Google search answers listed below:”

(I so wish these answers would reveal themselves one at a time with separate clicks!)

-A person

-Love

-The past

-Grudges

-Bitterness

-Something we’ve built

-Baggage

-Addictions

-Bad habits

If you were a contestant, would you have argued that additional answers should have been included? What would you have added?

I ran across a couple of simple articles from the popular media, psychological and medical worlds that offer some reasonable advice about letting go. If you’re in an unhealthy, hanging-on situation or if you’re struggling with forgiveness, I suggest taking a look at these pages to help you think through what you need to be doing:




 I figure most of us hit such times at least every now and then. And sometimes, releasing our grasp is one of the hardest but most important things we’ll ever do.

Right now, I need to let go of stress eating (again), so I’m going to work on that . . . sigh . . . and now since I said that so openly, I’m probably REALLY going to have to work on that; it’s just that I’ve had so much stress during the last year  . . . (See first two links above; I’m a classic, messed-up case. HA!) Yes, I laugh, but I seriously do need to work on stress eating. Stress and poor eating habits very much affect this body in bad ways and can shorten a quality lifespan.

I also need to let go of a few much bigger and harder things as well . . . and am working daily to do so.

If you are letting go or need to let go, I wish you wisdom, courage, strength and peace.

This blog post is part of a series of writing (May 31-June 2012) by Tammy Fletcher Bergland about holding on and letting go.   tbergland.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment